Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Spicy (Chili) Brownies

 Ho Ho Hot.  I started off the proverbial holiday baking bonanza with these spicey brownies. I figured they might stand out against all the other office-baked goods - baked by people who never bake during the year, but feel obligated to in December. Sugar cookies with canned frosting, topped with sprinkles. 


BAKED'S creation, Spicy Brownies, are right on target.

They get their spicy "zing" from not only a heaping tablespoon of ancho chili powder, but from a healthy dose of both fresh grated and ground ginger which really gives them a kick. Fresh grated cinnamon tones down the spiciness - and brings it into a holiday treat, in my opinion. Dense, fudgey, a perfect holiday brownie.

They were a hit at the office. What set mine apart were the sprinkles - which I begrudgingly added - just so I fit in.

To get the recipe for this unique breakfast treat, venture on over to BAKED SUNDAY MORNINGS.

 –  h a p p y   h o l i d a y s !     mike


16 comments:

Trevor Sis Boom said...

I see that you decorated for the holidays! I wish more would. I had to laugh at the thought of the office drones who only bake this time of year. It really forces those of us who bake all the time to up our games to get noticed. Last week two people in our office actually baked off a roll of those sugar cookies with christmas trees running through and brought them in. . . on the same day! I wish I had THESE on hand to show them what's what. I may still have some time today to do just that. Who knows what they will show up with tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Very festive! :)

Susan said...

Mike!

Nice to see you - great & funny post!

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

Great looking brownies. Nice and fudgy looking.

Virginia Taylors said...

Ha Ha Ha I love it! Your summary of people who bake out of obligation during the holidays and those who call canned frosting edible! I am still laughing. I just made some brownies that called for 1/4 cup of chili powder..they were really great. I would double the chili next time I made these.

Anonymous said...

I love fudgy brownies and it looks like your brownies are perfect

Unknown said...

The brownies look yummy and I love the decorations!

Chelly said...

Cute post! Your brownies look wonderful!

Bourbonnatrix said...

canned frosting and sprinkles!!! yum!

Sheri said...

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that grumbles about the seasonal bakers! I tend to back off on the baking during the season for just that reason.

Your photos are always gorgeous.

Kris' Kitchen said...

Always enjoy your posts. The problem with all the bad seasonal bakers is that they can't tell when something is really good...they think canned frosting and grocery store refrigerator dough is good and they are proud of themselves. Poor dears. They don't know what they're missing. But I know, and your brownies look perfect and I'm very sure they tasted great too.

Anonymous said...

Your brownies look very tasty, glad your coworkers liked them!

Angie's Recipes said...

These are definitely a must-bake!

Elaine said...

Your brownies look so festive with the colorful sprinkles! Lovely shot! These sound really good and I hope to make them soon.

TeaLady said...

Sweet and Spicy!! Perfect combo.

love the sprinkles

spike. said...

ha ha, love the sprinkles! I always eat my own baked goods a holiday parties in the office. Call me a baked good snob, but I can't do the slice and bake cookies from the grocery store with canned frosting.