Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Boy-O-Boy Caramel Corn

THE CARAMEL CORN SHOPPE.   As a kid there was nothing like a trip to NorthTown Center - our first urban shopping center, built in the 1950's. Most notable - a trip to The Caramel Corn Shoppe, serving hot, fresh popcorn, licorice and the grand daddy of them all - Caramel Corn. 


Years later, and many hot air corn poppers as well, I've never once made this from scratch. Too complicated I thought. Boy-O-Boy was I mistaken. A simple caramel sauce is made from butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Poured over fresh popped popcorn and sprinkled with salted peanuts, this childhood treat is then oven and cooled. Leave it to BAKED to elevate this simple treat - with a drizzling of melted chocolate (milk and semi-sweet). As if it weren't a favorite already.

Grab the recipe and view all the other BAKED CARAMEL POPCORN  over at BAKED SUNDAY MORNINGS. 

 – mike

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! this looks fabulous, I don't think I could stop eating though till it was gone, this could be very dangerous!

spike. said...

Wow, sounds pretty awesome! Those baked boys are pretty brilliant

Littlebakerbunny said...

Gorgeous photos! Your caramel corn looks amazing!

Elaine said...

A perfect way to serve this, Mike. It looks beautiful! Making this was also a trip down memory land, but a totally different one for me. The Caramel Corn Shoppe sounds delightful!

Bourbonnatrix said...

i look forwards to your pictures every Baked Sunday Mornings :) looks great!

Kris' Kitchen said...

I agree with Bourbonnztrix...Also look forward to your photos/presentation and your clever posts. Agree...Boy0O-Boy this is a good one.

Susan said...

Great photos & composition! We liked this, too, and were surprised how easy it was. This treat seems to have made all of us nostalgic! Have a great week!

Chelly said...

I look forward to your photos also....you never let me down! Looks really yummy!

FoodEpix said...

This looks absolutely delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.

Katie Mar said...

caramel corn is probably my biggest addiction. what a yummy snack!

Pamela said...

I so want this!! I love caramel popcorn. Truly addictive and it looks sensational in your pictures. Yummy!

Trevor Sis Boom said...

I finally got this book. I've made one thing to great effect but this will probably be number 2. Looks like it would make a great gift and when I do sweets, I like to give them away. These would be difficult to stop eating once I started.