Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remembering 9~11 Coffee Ice Cream



NINE-ELEVEN.  It was just before 6am. I had just dragged myself out of bed and was engaging in my morning ritual of a cappuccino + Katie Couric. As I flipped the TV on, staring in a daze, unable to grasp what I was seeing. I can't remember how long I sat there, I just remember I was late for work.


9-11 Remembrance – FamilyFreshCooking.com

Marla of Family Fresh Cooking asked fellow bakers to join her in baking a remembrance cake to remember all those who lost their lives on 9-11-. While my post is neither a cake, nor is it baked, its flavor hearkens back to that morning in front of my television set.



Three tablespoons of espresso powder give this ice cream its kick. Along with the standard cream, milk and egg yolks - it makes for a wonderful after-dinner dessert. Skip the mints - and serve this, along with a sprinkling of chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans.

To get this deliciously-caffeinated recipe, visit BAKED SUNDAY MORNINGS and see all the other coffee ice creams.

A heartfelt wish of hope and remembrance for those friends, family or loved ones whose lives changed on that day.

[If you'd like to bake a remembrance cake to honor those who lost their lives on 9-11-01, you can post your link at Marla's site.]
     
   – mike 






7 comments:

Bourbonnatrix said...

what a cool idea! great post mike!

Candy said...

What a lovely post! Your ice cream looks delicious.

Elaine said...

Such a pretty post of remembrance. I just love your ice cream photos!

spike. said...

great post and a great idea

Kris' Kitchen said...

enjoyed reading your post. my family went to a 911 early morning service. It is a hard memory, but a good one to honor. Your ice cream looks really good. Always enjoy your ideas.

Marina said...

It's nice to see this kind of posts.. Love your coffee ice cream.

Unknown said...

Lovely post of remembrance Mike, and that ice cream is right up my alley.