Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Madeleines

T U E S D A Y S   W I T H   D O R I E
Special thanks to this week's host:  
Katie & Amy of My Culinary Mission 

"They're Madeleines. No, I didn't buy them from Madeleine's (the French patisserie down the street from my office). They're called Madeleines. No, Madeleine's didn't bake them. I made them. No, they are not named after little Madeline."


This Baking with Julia recipe "Ladyfinger Genoise" batter is courtesy of Flo Braker, contributing baker. Madeleines are a light, sponge cake cookie, a simple genoise batter - made from cake flour, sugar, eggs, egg yolks, a touch of vanilla  and melted butter. Piped into madeleine molds, they are delightfully simple to prepare. No time to bake? Simply keep the batter chilled overnight and bake them the next day or so. Flo recommends baking immediately after preparing the batter, but I say "pashaw" (with a French accent). These came out light, puffy and perfectly baked in just 10 minutes - right from the refrigerator.

C'est chic, little Madeline-approved.

– mike

18 comments:

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

They do look perfect! Love that you added a picture of Madeline.

Anonymous said...

The first paragraph made me laugh. I also like the Madeline picture!

Cher Rockwell said...

A lot of us wondered how these would fare with the normal Madeleine refrigeration... Looks like it worked perfectly!

Catherine from www.praycookblog.com said...

Yours could have been made by the french bakery -- and isn't it great that they weren't! Fun baking with you! Blessings, Catherine www.praycookblog.com

oven chaos said...

Love Madeline with the madelines :) Cute dialogue too.

Elaine said...

It's so good to have you baking with us again! I am sure that everyone who saw and ate these approved of them, Mike. They are gorgeous! I love the little picture of Madeline. :)

Karen said...

Very cute! Love that you said pshaw!

TeaLady said...

Very nice mads, Mike. They look like they could be from a bakery.

Trevor Sis Boom said...

Gorgeous publication worthy photos Mike! Its always a good thing to be confused with a French bakery. Love that you didn't mention Proust.

Teresa said...

They look wonderful - if we try this version again, we'll definitely give them a rest in the refrigerator before baking.

Cakelaw said...

LOL - I can hear you trying to convince your colleagues that they did not come from Madeleines bakery. Nice job - your mads are perfect.

Di said...

They look really pretty. I need to dust off my pans and bake some here. =)

spike. said...

Beautiful work, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Thiѕ сould аlso be good for your case.
Εating fewer mеals coulԁ make you feel nerνous or
irritable. Βut, еνen whеn yоuг boԁу
maѕѕ іndex of 27 oг hіgher.
Bе cautіous cοffee ԁiet while сhoosing thеsе fat-burning ρillѕ.
It іѕ a widely sееn antі-oxіԁant іn
cоffeе diet broωn seaweеd foοd recipеs.
There is no oνersіght to see іf he οг she may cоntrol theіr wеight bу anу mеthοd.



Feel freе to surf to my weblog: Yahooaccounthacked.com

Addwin Net said...

Lihat, dengar dan resapi bila melihat Jual Skripsi dan kontes seo yang satu ini tentang Itupoker.com Agen Poker Online Indonesia Terpercaya. Terima kasih..

Anonymous said...

Seo Go Serp
Point Serp
89k
Seruin
Gue Seo
Backlink Credit
AdDestroyer
Seo In Web Id
Seo In Gue
Seo Nego
Addsimple
Seo In aku
Pesan Gue
Token Backlink
87M
62M
92M
61M
51M
75B
76B

Lowongan Kerja said...

Hello There...

Mas Rudi said...

Please visit me back...