Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lemon Loaf Bundt Cake

T U E S D A Y S   W I T H   D O R I E
Special thanks to this week's hostesses:  
Truc of Treats & Michelle of The Beauty of Life

This is LOVE week. I LOVE lemons. This man named Norman LOVE was the contributing baker for this week's Baking with Julia recipe. I LOVE bundt pans. This week was the inaugural baking in the vintage copper bundt pan - a Christmas gift from my friend Elaine. She LOVES lemons too.

Sadly, Norman's "lemon" recipe included just lemon zest. All good, all fine, but being the lemon-LOVER, I upped the ante. In went the juice of one lemon, along with a few drops of lemon oil. On went a brushing of more juice, fresh out of the oven. Zing . . . I can already taste the tartness. Mr. LOVE's loaf garnered rather tart reviews at the office - "the lemony-est cake I've ever tasted".  And to top it off - this cake was a breeze to prepare - melted in place of creamed butter. No mixer required. A rich, dense, lemony pound cake with no mixer?


Gotta LOVE that.


– mike



19 comments:

Susan said...

Very nicely done, Mike! I'm sure your changes improved this rather simple cake.

Saira said...

Beautiful !!!!

Cher Rockwell said...

That bundt pan is beautiful - I am sure the two of you will have some very happy baking together in the future!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Simply stunning! Beautiful cake mold!!!

Di said...

Very pretty cake! I keep wanting to add to my bundt pan collection, but so far have talked myself out of it. =)

Elaine said...

I LOVE it!!I wasn't sure if you had used the mold yet or not, Mike. Your lemon cake is beautiful!! :) I'm glad it was a hit at the office. Your lemon oil helped give this cake such a nice lemon flavor.

Danna said...

So cool and what a beautiful bundt pan...I do not have one yet, but a vintage pan is just so hip...

Jill said...

LOVEly pan! I looked at the recipe a couple of times to see if I was missing the lemon juice. Oh well, there are always ways to add more lemon!

Trevor Sis Boom said...

I"m with you. I've never met a lemon cake that was too lemony.

Gretchen Noelle said...

Juice, oil and a beautiful bundt pan? Great job with this!!

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

Beautiful pictures as usual. I had no "Love" for this one. Needed a boost for sure.

Kris' Kitchen said...

What a great idea to make this a bundt cake. You were smart to add more lemon and more moisture...this one needed both. Beautiful presentation and love your bundt pan. "The office" is lucky!

Jules Someone said...

Right there with you on the lemon thing. If I'm going to have something with lemon I want serious pucker. The bundt pan is excellent!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i love that mold! and that your cake looks like sunshine

Anonymous said...

Where can we find the recipe for this wonderful cake?

Anonymous said...

Where can we find the recipe for this wonderful cake?

Kayte said...

That pan makes a truly gorgeous cake. So very pretty and elegant...and the inside is equally gorgeous. I have got to find lemon oil and start using it.

Margaret said...

What a lovely pan. And it made a beautiful bundt.

Unknown said...

Where is the recipe